This is the first of what is sure to by many posts about the Rio Carnival Day of Design Fashion Show at WVU. Through the fabulous WVU fashion design and merchandising program, I was lucky enough to get enrolled in the fashion show production class which entails planning and producing the college’s spring fashion show. I was elected promtions coordinator and my other lovely PR lady was elected show director. Woohoo for fashion PR girls! Anyways, I can’t sleep tonight so I’m looking for inspiration for the show’s logo and programs and let me just say that if you google “Rio Carnival” you will definitly be inspired. Right now I’m feeling more inspired than anything else to book my ticket to this years festival in Brazil. For about an arm and a leg different samba schools, the participants in the parade, offer you the chance to purchase a costume. The costume allows you to march in the parade. I’m keeping this in mind for when I lose about twenty pounds and have about a million dollars. I hope the design majors are coming up with outfits as wild as the costumes I’m seeing here. After taking a look at the huge feathery outfits I am more excited than ever to be working on promotions for the show. As soon as we decide on a logo I’ll upload it. If anyone’s been to Carnival I’d love to hear your insight!!
February 7, 2011
About Lindsay Bailey
Hi, I'm a senior public relations major/English minor at West Virginia University. I'm interested in writing, camping and having fun. View all posts by Lindsay Bailey
This entry was posted on Monday, February 7th, 2011 at 11:33 pm and tagged with fashion, fashion show production, promtions coordinator, rio carnival, rio carnival brazil, student fashion show and posted in Fashion, Just for Fun!, Public Relations, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @ChrisKTGator: I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world. Her name is Lindsay Bailey. 5 years ago
- Haven't been on my personal Twitter acct for over a yr. Use it so much for work I figured I should start again! 5 years ago
- In dc walking to job interview. Ahh wish me luck 6 years ago
- Going to dc for a few dayyzz 6 years ago
- so happy to be working in an office where every1 is treated w respect and my work is apprciated. a good wrk envirnmnt makes all the diffrnc 6 years ago